The Junie B. Jones book series by Barbara Parks is about a sassy kindergarten/ first-grader. She is always having trouble with her classmates and saying snotty things to people. She always wants her way and will do anything to make sure she gets it.
As you probably guessed, I do not like these books. Teachers are always saying that these are the best books to read for first and second graders. But are they really?
5 Reasons I do not like the Junie B. Jones Series
- They teach kids to be snotty and rude to everyone, especially adults.
- They teach that if you beg hard enough, you get what you want.
- They use bad grammar. For example, on the second page of one of the books, they use the words ‘bestest’ and ‘hided’. This would be ok if the audience for these books weren’t first and second graders, who are just learning grammar.
- When my sister had to read one for school, she acted rude after reading it.
- Junie is always calling people names. Do you want to give your kids ideas of mean names to call people???
If you want to take a closer look at these books, check them out here.Junie B. Jones,